Mae Sai Subdistrict Municipality

Mae Sai is pleasant, worth visiting, living well, eating well, a city of happiness.

ABOUT “Maesai SmartCity”

When analyzed from the records in Singha history legends It is believed that the city of Mae Sai today was originally “Mueang Wiang Si Thung” or “Wiang Si Tuang” which was later named “Wiang Phan Kham” after the name of the elephant that the Brahma Kumara used as a vehicle to fight with. Phraya Khom until victory and at present the city of Mae Sai Including the Mae Sai District Office building, it is located in Wiang Phang Kham Subdistrict, which is believed to have come from “Wiang Phan Kham”. In addition, in the area of ​​Village No. 3, Wiang Phang Kham Subdistrict, there is also Ban Wiang Phan. and Wiang Phan Temple Also located. Incidentally, the original moat can be seen everywhere in the Mae Sai community area. And it is still useful in receiving runoff water from the western mountains to prevent it from flooding into the city area as well. In addition, the legend also emphasizes the location of the city. “Wiang Si Tuang” is said to be in the northwest of Wiang Yonok Nakhon. (Chiang Saen District today) along the Sai River, which is the Sai River. At present. Mae Sai 60 years ago was a small village. Next to the Thai-Myanmar border (Myanmar has now changed its name to the Republic of the Union of Myanmar) Tachileik is quiet and not crowded like today. Originally, the Mae Sai area was Wiang Phan Village, an administrative area of ​​Mae Sai Subdistrict, Mae Chan District, Chiang Rai Province. It was raised to the status of Mae Sai Subdistrict with Mae Chan District in 1938. Later, on May 1, 1950, it was raised to Mae Sai District by The first district office building was opened on January 14, 1951. Mae Sai Subdistrict Municipality was originally given the status of a sanitary district by the announcement of the Ministry of Interior on May 14, 1956, and was raised to the status of a sanitary district with sufficient financial status. Administration, whose president was elected on 23 April 1993, was later changed in status from sanitation to a subdistrict municipality on 25 May 1999 in accordance with the Act on Change of Status from Sanitation to a Subdistrict Municipality, B.E. 2542 which was announced in the Royal Gazette, Volume 116, Section 9A, dated February 24, 1999


Mae Sai is a nice place to live, worth visiting, living well, eating well, a city of happiness.


Create happiness for the people and promote the economy.


Invite tourists to come and enjoy the use. Trade city between the Thai-Myanmar border


Add type of smart city.


Enter a video introducing the city


Download Documents

Border trade market
The area on the edge of the Thai border is close to the border crossing point on both the Thai-Myanmar side. Most are areas that sell a variety of products, such as products from China, products from Burma and India.
Royal Monument of King Brahma the Great
When you arrive in Mae Sai, the important thing is besides traveling. If you have the opportunity, you should pay your respects and ask for blessings from the sacred things of Mae Sai. The sacred thing that is Mae Sai City Pillar Shrine It is where the sacred city pillar is located. Royal Monument of King Brahma the Great The first King of Thailand who made Thailand what it is today.
Tham Pha Chom

A place where monks sat and meditated, such as Phra Achan Man Phurithatto. Currently, there is a statue of Phra Achan Man Phurithatto also installed on the mountain. Inside Tham Pha Cham, there are stalagmites and stalactites along the walls and ceiling of the cave. Beautiful, exquisite, dazzling
Wat Phra That Doi Wao
It is a temple where Phra That Doi Wao is enshrined. Buddha relics that are believed to It is as ancient as Phra That Doi Tung. Phra That Doi Wao Located on the top of Doi Wao.